Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Things I Left

            I carry the shame of leaving everything I knew for 16 years to start a new life. I wanted fresh start, a new city, with no friends, no goals. I carry the guilt of failing my dad’s expectations in school. I carry the disappointment of playing basketball for 15 years and then sitting on the bench even though I had the skills to play. I carry 3 items on me; my wallet, cell phone, and car keys. More important then the tangible things are the intangible things, my past, my goals, and my thoughts of what to do next. As I reflect on past events I can only think of the type of kid I was. Suborn, annoying, immature, but still intelligent. These attributes shaped how I live today, as I grew older and looked back on the way I acted at my old school, I can only admit that I had some of the bullying and abuse coming. The constant teasing, my dad’s new girlfriend that despised me, my old traditions that my father and I held, all of this was shattered. For 15 years my father and I lived together, did everything…ate, played sports, slept, we were each others support. When my dad wanted a women in his life, my childhood brain thought, “Why not mom?” For the next 7 years I would try my absolute hardest to get this woman out of my house. The outright defiance I had for authority and everything that it represented effected me in school, and in my social life.

4 comments:

  1. It's important to always think positive, and think of other people's happiness over yours. It is important for you to be happy, but try to do that without stopping other's happiness. Remember, you always have the opportunity to make up for past mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to the things u carry, i had similar incidents that put me in regret. But its true what Sygyll said, you always have the opportunities to make up for past mistakes. So just do what u gotta do and go with the flow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best hting you could do in my opinon is to stay foccussed and don't let the things around you or the things happening in you life affect your decisions that might affect you future. Eveything you do in life you gain expierence from and learn from. You alwayys have the power to change the things you don't like, for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woah,strong words. Although you dont like "that woman," I think is best you go on with your goals and dont let the idea of " i hate you" define you.

    ReplyDelete